Corporate Sales Director
Our client is is a not-for-profit global company that provides smart content and rights management solutions that integrate seamlessly into content users ’92 workflow. The company manages 950+ million individual rights to works in all formats for companies with employees in over 180 countries, and has distributed over $1.7B to rights holders in the past 10 years. For over a half dozen years, the company has been named to Content Magazine ’92s Top 100 List of Companies That Matter Most in the digital content industry. It was named by the Boston Globe as one of the Top 100 Women-led Businesses in Massachusetts.
Smart IP rights management assures compliance and also drives revenues for rights holders. The overall IP rights and royalty management market is estimated to grow from just under $5B to over $12.5B by 2021. Digital assets, including web content, educational, technical and training content, product information, branding materials and marketing resources, are expanding exponentially. The total enterprise content management market is estimated at over $6B, with expected growth to over $9B ’96 just over the next year! Our client, with its comprehensive, cloud-based, open source rights management platform and services, offers a soup-to-nuts content solution: from content rights and content procurement, and content search and analysis, through content creation and implementation, collaboration and workflow management: a compelling value proposition!
Overview of the Role
The Corporate Sales Director will be responsible for selling the company’s solutions to corporate prospects who have an R&D focus. The role includes prospecting, presenting to, negotiating with, and closing enterprise-wide solutions that include licensing, technology, and professional services. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have success working with VP- and C-level decision makers.
- Understand and articulate the company’s value proposition(s) in the context of the prospects ’92 objectives, goals and needs. Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making process, and overcome objections to capture new business opportunities
- Manage and close sales solutions through accurate forecasting, account and opportunity planning, account resource allocation and opportunity management. Submit accurate and timely forecasts that are aligned with assigned sales quotas.
- Prepare and deliver persuasive internal and client-facing presentations, while coordinating, as needed, internal resources to close contracts. Deliver presentations on sales solutions along a timeline when needed.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s products and associated technologies and services
- Develop and maintain competitive knowledge on industries and products to leverage in the sales cycle
- Support marketing related events, seminars, mailings and call campaigns to increase brand awareness and presence in the market
- Minimum of 5 years of proven B2B software and solution selling experience
- A proven track record in successfully prospecting, negotiating and closing complex sales
- Demonstrated history of meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals and quotas
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Must be able to work independently, travel up to 40%, and manage own activities to reach stated goals while maintaining detailed records and forecasts
- A high level of energy, self-motivation, and a passion for success required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook; and must demonstrate general computer savvy
- Familiarity with Saleseforce.com is helpful
- BS/BA degree