Director of Sales / Pod Leader
Our client is a global company that clears the path to integrated data and information, accelerates knowledge, and advances copyright and manages content and content initiatives. The company builds solutions that combine licensing, content, software and professional services to advance the way people integrate, access and share information. It manages 950+ million individual rights to works in all formats for companies with employees in over 180 countries, and has distributed over $1.7B to rights holders in the past 10 years. For over a half dozen years, the company has been named to Content Magazine’s Top 100 list of Companies That Matter Most in the digital content industry. It was named by the Boston Globe as one of the Top 100 Women-led businesses in Massachusetts.
The company’s vision captures its ongoing commitment to improving the industry-leading products and services their clients have come to know and trust. Rights and content management remain at the core of everything it does while the company expands its suite of data and information integration solutions tailored to helping people turn critical information and insights into the actionable knowledge they need to power innovation.
The company works collaboratively to create results that delight prospects who pursue digital transformation initiatives. For example, its teams have worked with organizations that seek to navigate vast amounts of data to discover actionable insights. Many prospects seek to build technology-enabled solutions that connect external and internal content across disparate data sources in contextually relevant ways for greater content reach and accessibility. Many are seeking to exploit new opportunities for licensing revenue by outsourcing copyright permissions and licensing and/or identifying new markets for rights. Target Markets include: Media, Marketing & Analytics, Financial, Legal, Governance, Risk & Compliance Solutions, Science & Technology Publishers, Education & Training.
With a history of innovation and growth in a dynamic market, a passionate and dedicated team, and a deep commitment to building next-generation solutions combining the best technology and talent, the company offers the stability of an ongoing business within an entrepreneurial culture—all while providing very competitive benefits.
Overview of the Role
The Sales Director will be responsible for selling CCC’s solutions to prospects who pursue digital transformation initiatives within their organizations. Specific examples include:
• Leaders who seek to navigate vast amounts of data to discover actionable insights.
• Leaders who seek to improve and semantically enrich metadata and overall quality of data and who understand the importance of connecting content and rights in contextually relevant ways.
• Organizations who seek to increase efficiency and exploit new opportunities for licensing revenue by outsourcing copyright permissions and licensing and//or identifying new markets for rights.
The role includes prospecting, delivering presentations, negotiating and closing solutions that include content and rights-related technology and professional services, and rights and content licensing. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have success working with V/C-level decision makers.
• Understand and articulate CCC’s value proposition(s) in context of the prospect’s objectives, goals and needs. Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making process and overcome objections to capture new business opportunities.
• Manage and close sales solutions through accurate forecasting, account and opportunity planning, account resource allocation and opportunity management. Submit accurate and timely forecasts that are aligned with assigned sales quotas
• Prepare and deliver persuasive internal and client-facing presentations while coordinating internal resources as needed to close contracts
• Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of CCC products and services, including software and licenses
• Develop and maintain competitive knowledge of industries and products to leverage in the sales cycle
• Support marketing-related events, seminars, mailings and call campaigns to increase brand awareness and market presence
• Minimum 5 years of proven B2B software solution sales experience
• A proven track record of successfully prospecting, negotiating and closing complex software sales. Prior experience selling software-based consulting services is a significant preference.
• Demonstrated history of meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals/quotas
• Adeptness at presenting sales solutions along a timeline when needed
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and manage own activities to reach goals while maintaining detailed records and forecasts
• High level of energy, self-motivation, along with a passion for success
• Strong network of senior decision-making operational leaders across the publishing industry, including one or more in trade, STM, education and news
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook; computer savvy in general
• BS/BA degree
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com preferred