Head of Global Technical Product Management
From its modest beginning as a wireless technology consulting company founded in 2006, our client has grown over the ensuing years to a 40-person, product-only leader in wireless testbed systems, software and hardware, for Wi-Fi, LTE, IoT, Bluetooth and other wireless markets.
At the end of 2018, IOT Analytics reported that there were over 17 billion connected devices in worldwide use. That number was just under 14 billion at the end of 2015 and is predicted to be over 34 billion by 2025 in areas including telecommunications, personal communications and entertainment, cable, robotics, medical, scientific, military and connected vehicles. These devices are an indispensable part of our world. As we connect increasingly through mobile/IoT devices, the need has grown exponentially for competitors in the mobile/IoT device and service provider markets to offer greater reliability in areas such as throughput, range and security while limiting interference, path loss and multipath. Our client is a key contributor in advancing the state of the wireless industry and provides the solution of choice in the burgeoning wireless test systems industry.
Its fast-growing customer based includes companies such as Sony, Samsung, Google, iRobot, Tesla, Nokia, Dell, Intel, Cisco, Belkin, Arris, Sonos, Philips, Qualcomm Atheros, Broadcom and AMD, among many others. Its revenue is predicted to increase by 50% this year, having grown by 70% last year.
In addition to its unprecedented growth in revenue, it is also expanding its organization aggressively, while carefully safeguarding its entrepreneurial culture that emphasizes customer satisfaction, team collaboration and communication, an open-door policy at all levels, continuous learning and lifestyle flexibility.
- Uncover and develop a deep understanding of customer needs and technical capabilities and risks, and analyze competitors’ wireless test offerings and market trends in order to deliver detailed technical requirements for innovative, user-friendly future products and to create a long-term product vision and roadmap
- Work with Development to ensure requirements are well understood, that the most important features are prioritized within the Agile development process and that the highest quality products are developed, tested and released to specification and within budget
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert and provide product training, relevant white papers and the necessary technical expertise to customers as well as internally to Marketing, Sales and Support that will result in the most successful product releases
- Several years’ experience as a product management leader with a hands-on background in and knowledge of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or CBRS technologies as well as networking (TCP/UDP/IP)
- A focus on the customer experience and usable innovation
- Ability to learn the wireless testbed system
- A strong communicator, product evangelist and subject matter expert with the ability to organize and present complex technical information verbally, via white papers and data sheets and utilizing multimedia communications, e.g. video composition and production
- Understanding of full-stack architecture (MEAN, MERN)
- Put your personal imprimatur on a newly created role that will add immense value to the product and organization
- Work with a small, passionate, collaborative and entrepreneurial team in an environment that offers an open-door policy at all levels, continuous learning and lifestyle flexibility
- Work with a fast-growing, recognized leader in complex wireless testbed solutions, one that helps advance the state of wireless technology worldwide, that grew 70% in revenue in 2019 and is expected to grow by 50% over the next year
- Equity in a privately held, high-growth company