CREDIT UNION DIRECTOR IT INFRASTRUCTURE
According to a recent report by Experian, credit unions continue to increase their overall numbers and market share in virtually every area of financial services, ranging from automobile loans (25% increase from 2015-2017), through personal loans, bankcard openings and mortgage loans. Credit union members prefer the benefits of ownership, including a voice in the direction and operations of their financial services institution of choice. They also enjoy the prospect of higher member returns and lower fees, more personalized service, and the sense of fulfillment that derives from the knowledge that their membership in a not-for-profit credit union contributes to worthy charitable causes.
The financial services industry however has never been more competitive, especially given the continued growth of online services. Persistent leadership will require continued innovation in technology and services, and an inspired and resourceful employee team that remains attuned to member needs and experience.
Innovation will include continued cloud and digital transformation, as well as contextual banking initiatives to reach members through all the touchpoints that are a part of their daily lives.
Our client prides itself on the personalized, high-quality service provided to its members, internal customers and co- workers. Their guiding principles emphasize that their members come first, doing the right thing is all-important and that all employees need to strive to make a difference.
Summary of Role
One of 2 direct reports to the SVP of IT and Innovation, this person will lead strategy, design, architecture and build and support for the entire 50-person infrastructure organization, including cloud transformation, server, network, datacenter and information security, as well as digital workplace initiatives, VDI, laptops, desktops and conference room solutions.
- Work with the rest of the IS leadership team to create and manage the IS Vision, Technology Strategy and Roadmap that will help carry the company into the future
- Lead the execution of the Technology Strategy and Roadmap
- Lead, mentor and motivate the IS Infrastructure team; create an environment that attracts and enables high performers to thrive; recognize and reward teams and individuals
- Define and continuously improve internal IS processes by establishing, monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators. Ensure that departmental processes are designed and implemented in a way to mitigate operational risks.
- Lead the Information Security team to ensure that the applications and operational systems are effectively secured and that risks are mitigated. Also lead the team to prepare for audits and implement remediation efforts.
- Support the move to Agile/Scrum, DevOps and Infrastructure as Code delivery methods
- Foster a data-driven culture by supporting efforts to establish an enterprise data warehouse with cloud-based solutions
- Oversee support activities in conjunction with applications development to ensure the business applications perform well in production
- Understand emerging technology opportunities and drive strategic business innovations by facilitating innovative operations work to test new ideas with bounded cost and timeframes
- Partner with and manage major vendors and external service providers to ensure they cost-effectively meet the needs of the organization
- Work collaboratively with the Director of IS Development to provide technical leadership, deliver system capabilities to members and employees, develop/maintain overall staffing/sourcing plan, and develop and manage the annual IS budget
- Create a resource staffing/sourcing plan that includes creative sourcing options and alternatives in order to ensure supply capacities meet work demand, role and skill set requirements and cost objectives
- Remove obstacles, close gaps and manage/mitigate risks to ensure delivery on time, on budget and with impeccable quality
- Develop productive relationships with business leaders across the organization to influence how modern technologies can enable new sources of value. Manage internal customer relationships and expectations both within IS and with all employees.
- Effectively manage timekeeping and payroll tools, conduct timely performance appraisals and follow up, ensure all employees meet training and development goals, monthly department status reporting and any other management duties for all team members
- Maintain adherence to policies, procedures and documentation standards
- Ability to simultaneously and effectively lead multiple efforts across various cross-functional teams
- Strong facilitation and communication/influence skills at various organizational levels
- Customer-centric mind set with strong listening, questioning and investigation skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts, plan strategically and tactically, and effectively manage own time
- Ability to lead change in a dynamic environment in both human and technical initiatives
- Aptitude to develop, implement and improve business processes throughout the organization. Looks for opportunities to embrace innovation to improve user experiences and business process efficiencies.
- A leader who continuously demonstrates integrity and the ability to accept accountability
- An executive who drives to achieve goals beyond job requirements and be proactive
- A strong communicator who clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
- A resourceful problem-solver who accomplishes results through decisive action and can break down problems into components, recognize the interrelationships and make sound, well-informed, objective decisions. Compares data, information, and input from a variety of sources to draw conclusions and then takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- A well-organized manager who sets priorities and determines resource requirements to drive the necessary sequence of decisions and activities needed to achieve goals
- A collaborator who establishes useful internal and external relationships across the organization. Builds constructive working relationships with clients/customers, other work units, community organizations and others to meet mutual goals and objectives. Behaves professionally and supportively when working with individuals from a variety of ethnic, social and educational backgrounds.
- A professional who is committed to continuous learning and development, who attends professional conferences, focuses on best practices, values cutting-edge practices / approaches, takes advantage of a variety of learning activities, and introduces newly gained knowledge and skills on the job
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with Infrastructure, Server, Network leadership
- Minimum of 5 years of Workplace support experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Cloud environment management
- Minimum of 3 years of Information Security experience
- Minimum of 3 years managing external technology service providers
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, DevOps and Infrastructure as Code delivery methods
- Project Management and Financial Industry a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4-year degree in Computer/Information, Technology or equivalent work experience