DIRECTOR/SR. PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST, ROBOTIC MAPPING AND PLANNING
According to a March 2020 report from Research and Markets, the service robotics market is expected to grow from its current level of $37B to $102.5B by 2025. The report comments that “Service robots are increasingly being adopted for new applications due to various advantages such as increased productivity, streamlined processes and greater safety. Within this high-growth sector, our client continues to build its market lead within the Smart Home ecosystem.
The company seeks the kind of forward-looking leadership that will help extend its track record of dependable long-term revenue growth and market leadership as well as high-quality delivery and practical innovation. This person will be a key strategic technical and people leader in helping to accomplish this goal. Location flexible.
A visionary technical leader who leads the Mapping and Planning science team. This individual plays a vital role in developing the next generation of robots that will live in millions of homes across the world and be an integral part of the Smart Home ecosystem.
- Lead and manage a team of talented scientists and engineers who are working together to solve mapping and planning challenges
- Develop algorithms for enriching and improving maps and/or planning in challenging and dynamic environments
- Work at the intersection of perception, planning and deep learning, partnering with teams to develop high-level planning algorithms and rich semantic maps used by people and robots
- Design innovative solutions to life-long semantic mapping using techniques from computational geometry, optimization and probabilistic robotics
- Solve problems pragmatically, applying judgment and experience to identify and balance trade-offs
- Invent new approaches and carry these all the way to deployment on millions of robots
- Author and publish technical reports, patents and scientific papers
- Strong experience in algorithms for mapping and/or planning
- Solid understanding and experience in design patterns, data structures and advanced programming techniques
- A strong connection to and up-to-date knowledge of developments and advances in the robotics research community
- Experience leading a technical team
- Excellence at writing embedded C/C++ and familiarity with a Linux environment
- Passion for robotics and experience building or programming robots
- M.S or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent degree