SENIOR LEADER, UX DESIGN TEAM
According to a March 2020 report from Research and Markets, the service robotics market is expected to grow from its current level of $37B to $102.5B by 2025. The report comments that “Service robots are increasingly being adopted for new applications due to various advantages such as increased productivity, streamlined processes and greater safety. Within this high-growth sector, our client continues to build its market lead within the Smart Home ecosystem.
Our client’s UX group is helping to lead the Smart Home revolution, designing systems that operate with an ever-growing understanding of, and ability to integrate with, your home environment and systems and your lifestyle.
Working closely with Product Management, Engineering, Industrial Design and Design Research, this person will manage and lead a 20-25-person UX/UI team, overseeing activities from concept to production that are related to the User Experience of robotic products and the company’s Home app and associated interfaces.
- Establish and implement a UX vision to lead the UX product design process across the physical and digital services & throughout the lifecycle of our development process
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of UX & UI Designers
- Oversee the development of UX designs, including scenarios, wireframes, prototypes, testing and definition of functional specifications
- Lead usability testing sessions with clients to ensure their voice is present in the software design
- Coordinate and strategize all client interactions done by the UX department
- Collaborate and participate on cross-functional development teams for all of product releases, platforms, and devices
- Lead agile development methodology to deliver products with an innovative experience design
- Ensure the success of UX strategy and champion the best possible user experience
- Ensure user needs are being communicated and prioritized throughout development process and across all touchpoints
- Lead heuristic evaluations of hardware and digital user interfaces
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and execute a user-centered design process, acting as an evangelist for its widespread adoption within the company
- Apply usability principles and activities to all aspects of product and UI design. Oversee their implementation with the design team and development teams up to final production, with ownership and a high attention to detail.
- Identify and benchmark outstanding examples of user interfaces that can inspire and guide UI development efforts
- Effectively present UX and UI deliverables and prototypes (wireframes, workflows, prototypes, etc.) to explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholders
- Assist in the overall development of the robotic user interface for all aspects of use, including setup, cleanup and maintenance
- Utilize and model design thinking to solve complex mechanical and ergonomic problems
- •. Maintain internal client relationships in order to ensure that design and business objectives are met within constraints of schedules and budget
- 10+ years of experience in UX and UI Design with an understanding of a whole digital and physical product ecosystem
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading design teams
- Personal work experience in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated portfolio of UX-focused work samples for hardware and mobile applications
- Excellence at gaining consensus across multiple departments and leadership levels
- Stellar problem-solving skills, flexibility and ability to prioritize effectively
- Working knowledge and support of accessibility standards
- Passion to constantly explore and evaluate the best design tools, processes, and practices