Assistant Manager, Product Marketing
According to a recent report by Experian, credit unions continue to increase their overall numbers and market share in virtually every area of financial services, ranging from automobile loans (25% increase from 2015-2017), through personal loans, bankcard openings and mortgage loans. Credit union members prefer the benefits of ownership, including a voice in the direction and operations of their financial services institution of choice. They also enjoy the prospect of higher member returns and lower fees, more personalized service, and the sense of fulfillment that derives from the knowledge that their membership in a not-for-profit credit union contributes to worthy charitable causes.
The financial services industry however has never been more competitive, especially given the unprecedented growth of online services. Persistent leadership will require continued innovation in technology and services, and an inspired and resourceful employee team that remains attuned to member needs and experience.
Innovation will include continued digital transformation and personalized banking services to reach members through all the touchpoints that are a part of their daily lives.
Our Client’s Guiding Principles
Our client prides itself on the personalized, high-quality service provided to its members, internal customers and co-workers. Their guiding principles emphasize that their members come first, doing the right thing is all-important and that all employees need to strive to make a difference.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Product Marketing Assistant Manager will collaborate with business units and the marketing team to determine the most appealing features of the company’s primary products and services and work to promote them to prospective and current members. In this role you will be the expert on the Credit Union’s products and features to properly market them and to inform prospects and members of their value and benefits. You will conduct thorough research on competitors and will perform market research to understand what consumers look for in their ideal financial products.
- Work with cross-functional partners to develop and constantly refine company value proposition, differentiated benefits and business outcomes
- Build, lead and mentor a team of product marketers focused on lending and deposits/payments
- Drive the disciplined development of product marketing deliverables, including positioning messaging hierarchies by applying product marketing best practices
- Deeply understand, analyze, own and evangelize audience and market-based insights. Understand emerging trends and financial services environment. Analyze product strategy, product portfolio, prioritize audience targets and product strategies to identify new needs and provide solutions.
- Guide the creation and execution of go-to-market plans in partnership with marketing colleagues, key internal business partners and other cross-functional teams
- Drive cross-functional, coordinated programs with Content Marketing and Demand Generation teams to deliver these differentiated narratives to our audiences
- Contribute to the development of measurement strategies, as well as continuously refine the identification of key performance indicators and consistently apply in marketing strategies
- Ensure articulation of product and benefits is simple, concise and consistent across the consumer-driven journey. Consult, leverage and deliver where appropriate early agile consumer testing methods as a preliminary stage to message development.
- Lead the roadmap for Member Onboard and Activation communications and personalized experiences
- Drive market, competitor and member analysis to proactively determine and differentiate product marketing messaging in such a way that clearly articulates value, benefit and differentiation
Experience, Skills, Education
- 7+ years of financial services product marketing experience
- Ability to connect key financial concepts with member value and express it succinctly
- Ability to craft clear and compelling messages as well as willingness to roll up your sleeves to build externally facing assets and internal deliverables
- Highly proactive, self-starter capable of independently leading several projects with limited direction
- A love for storytelling in a simple, thoughtful and visual manner
- Collaboration: Builds constructive working relationships with internal clients, peers and stakeholders from across the Credit Union
- Influence: Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and techniques to gain acceptance for ideas and solutions. Uses influencing strategies to gain genuine agreements; seeks to persuade rather than force solutions or impose decisions.
- Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to; achieves goals by being proactive; taking prompt action to accomplish objectives
- Strategic Focus: Understands how organization must change in light of external trends and influences; keeps the big picture in mind; builds shared long-range organizational vision with others. Committed to course of action to achieve long-range goals and influences others to translate vision into action.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred