Director Strategic Marketing Program Delivery
Overview of Responsibilities
Reporting to the VP of Member Experience and Marketing, the Strategic Marketing Program Delivery Director oversees the functional areas of data and member insight-driven marketing delivery and 3-4 direct reports consisting of Managers and Team Leaders, along with a team of technical support contractors. This role is responsible for guiding the strategy and execution behind all methods of marketing, creative, distribution, delivery, marketing automation and measurement. It is the owner of the MarTech stack, including advancement of the credit union’s automation systems and the marketing data management platform. Leading the use of analytics, research and member insights to drive strategic contemporary marketing practices, the Strategic Program Delivery Director collaborates with senior marketing leaders to define the cross-channel member experience, optimize campaign performance and implement/expand automation technology and systems across all marketing areas.
· Lead, mentor and develop a team of strategic marketers, creative and technical staff while fostering strong collaborative relationships with key business lines and IT stakeholders and peers.
· Manage continual process improvement and operations of assigned areas, including the Insights and Delivery teams.
· Initiate web development to support lead generation, new member acquisition and member lifecycle.
· Define product performance goals and reporting, and roadmap to ensure we are meeting member expectations and the credit union’s strategic goals.
· Supervise a cross-functional team of graphic designers, copywriters, social-media experts, photographers/videographers and project managers in the strategic development of messaging and deliverables.
· Own digital experience technology stack including platforms, integrations, data hygiene, reporting and analytics.
· Develop an interactive marketing strategy for applications across all platforms that delivers targeted and custom content and messaging via member-preferred engagement channels.
· Own the member journey across all platforms, ensuring that the process is engaging, seamless across devices and effective in translating touchpoints into an immersive experience.
· Proactively mine credit union member data to find and quantify opportunities to expand member relationships grow business, increase satisfaction and enhance efficiency.
· Monitor key competitors, demographic trends and industry developments and regularly report on their implications.
· Proactively seek new and innovative uses of marketing technology to refine and reach DCU’s target audiences.
· Regularly present and report to executive management on marketing campaigns and initiatives.
· Proactively seek new and innovative uses of technology to improve the digital experience for members.
· Develop and manage an operating annual plan and budget to meet strategic goals.
· Manage multiple outside vendor and partner relationships, negotiating and implementing services.
· Be highly communicative and responsive to stakeholders while managing a large volume of projects.
· Ensure completion of quarterly audits and ongoing maintenance of risk assessments and business continuity plans.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Managers(s).
· Travel 0-25%
· Expert leadership abilities to direct, mentor and develop junior managers across multiple functional areas
· Goal-oriented mindset with the ability to set departmental goals based on strategic credit union objectives
· Nimbleness to revise goals and adapt to both shifting business priorities and new opportunities
· Confidence to build rapport and establish collaborative relationships up, down and across the organization
· Ability to effectively defend positions and influence decision-makers across all levels of the credit union
· Budget planning, forecasting and management skills and experience leading vendor and agency relationships
· Experience driving process, procedure and technology improvements to fuel operational scalability
· Excellent interpersonal, written communications and verbal skills with strong presentation abilities
· Highly analytical approach to business challenges with an aptitude for decision-making and strategic planning
· Entrepreneurial self-starter spirit with strong work ethic and highly collaborative attitude
· Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize departmental objectives and meet deadlines
· Understanding of laws and regulations that impact credit union communication and marketing activities
Education and Experience Requirements
· 8-10 years’ experience managing digital experience technology platforms, lead generation and conversion and creative solutions in the financial industry
· 5-6 years’ demonstrated experience leading, coaching and developing a team
· Bachelor’s degrees in business, computer science, project management or related
· Proficiency in the Adobe marketing stack, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and MacOS operating system
· Experience in digital user experience, desktop support, iOS and Android applications