Manager Strategic Partners – Procurement
Overview of Responsibilities
Reporting to the SVP Finance, cultivate and maintain relationships among internal and external business partners while also developing strategies to increase value to our members and revenues for the credit union. This position is also responsible for strategizing and negotiating with suppliers and vendors to acquire the most cost-effective deals and to reduce procurement expenses. This position works with partners to develop professional relationships and meet credit union goals.
· Utilize entrepreneurial ambition to develop one strategic sourcing approach across the credit union and put structure around ambiguity.
· Identify, ideate and negotiate potential and current partnership and/or strategic investment opportunities with internal business partners.
· Understand and help define the business drivers that impact the credit union to provide insightful recommendations for addressing complex operational and strategic problems.
· Negotiate business terms and conditions to secure advantageous terms as well as properly structuring and negotiating strategic partnerships.
· Utilize excellent communication and negotiation skills to build and maintain relationships with a variety of partners.
· Oversee internal analyses of external partners, current or potential, including quantitative and qualitative feedback on market opportunities, product evaluations and company/team profiles.
· Gather partner feedback and complete benchmark studies to support business cases and organizational decision-making.
· Lead change management and procurement transformation activities.
· Forecast and help direct annual internal business partners’ budgets, providing justification and analyses for allocations.
· Manage projects with diverse scopes, ensure time-sensitive information is communicated and escalated as necessary to key internal business partners.
· Build strong cross-functional relationships and maintain continuous levels of engagement with both internal and external business partners.
· Exercise sound business judgement, critical thinking and strategic thinking skills with a high degree of competency and people-oriented communication skills.
· Stay up to date on industry trends and news, sharing insights with internal stakeholders as appropriate.
· Serve as mentor by training and assisting in skills development.
· Support the credit union’s Success Sharing Goals and Strategic Objectives.
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Managers(s).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Strong experience in defining, communicating and negotiating business terms, management of contracts and P&Ls
- Minimum 5+ years of contract negotiations experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, critical thinking skills, effective interpersonal skills, strong formal presentation abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to easily network and engage with both pre-existing and prospective business partners in-person while at trade shows / industry events, etc.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a people leader, with a proven track record of building, managing and growing effective teams and team members
- Ability to develop and present sophisticated and engaging business presentations from scratch
- Capacity to manage information/processes to determine overall trends and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to identify and quantify subtle business risks along with the ability to identify key drivers of risk and focus discussions accordingly
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently
- Excellent communication skills, including well-developed verbal, written and presentation skills.; ability to create concise, informative summaries that convey a well-developed “story” and advocate for a well-reasoned point of view
- Aptitude for translating strategy into execution in a complex and cross-functional organization
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to distil complex ideas into simple stories
- Developed computer application skills (including MS Word/Excel)
- College degree or equivalent combination of experience in a development capacity