Web Team Leader
According to a recent report by Experian, credit unions continue to increase their overall numbers and market share in virtually every area of financial services, ranging from automobile loans (25% increase from 2015–2017), through personal loans, bankcard openings and mortgage loans. Credit union members prefer the benefits of ownership, including a voice in the direction and operations of their financial services institution of choice. They also enjoy the prospect of higher member returns and lower fees, more personalized service, and the sense of fulfillment that derives from the knowledge that their membership in a not-for-profit credit union contributes to worthy charitable causes.
The financial services industry however has never been more competitive, especially given the unprecedented growth of online services. Persistent leadership will require continued innovation in technology and services, and an inspired and resourceful employee team that remains attuned to member needs and experience.
Innovation will include continued digital transformation and personalized banking services to reach members through all the touchpoints that are a part of their daily lives.
Our Client’s Guiding Principles
Our client prides itself on the personalized, high-quality service provided to its members, internal customers and co-workers. Their guiding principles emphasize that their members come first, doing the right thing is all-important and that all employees need to strive to make a difference.
Overview of Responsibilities
This role is responsible for developing and owning the company’s website strategy, digital journey mapping, site architecture and analytics/data capture powering the credit union’s public-facing marketing websites. The Web Team Leader oversees the functional area of website UX, UI and development, including 3–4 web developers and designers. In addition, the Web Team Leader is responsible for collaborating with internal expert development team to deliver on complex front-end design, back-end development and dynamic personalization projects.
- Collaborate with marketing leaders to craft a web strategy that aligns with the Credit Union’s business objectives, including new member/product acquisition and activation, cross-sell/up-sell and educational/public relations content.
- Drive strategy, management and execution of web conversion optimization efforts from conception to completion
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of 3-4 web developers and UX/UI designers and manage the day-to-day operations of the team
- Assess skill strengths and shortcomings of self and team members to determine development needs
- Lead the day-to-day management and updating of an Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)-based website, including light development work
- Oversee the Credit Union’s website development partner, managing projects, deliverables and budgets
- Audit, monitor and address business performance of the website, regularly reporting on the website’s health
- Perform Q/A testing on website with regular cadence to ensure continued high-quality web best practices are met
- Recommend, implement, and optimize testing and web optimization tools and technologies
- Periodically present and report to executive management on infrastructure changes and initiatives
- Be highly communicative and responsive to all stakeholders while managing a large volume of projects
Experience, Skills, Education
- Understanding of AEM architecture and changes in the platform, including migration and upgrade process
- 2–3 years demonstrated experience leading, coaching and developing direct reports with the demonstrated ability to guide, mentor and grow a team of web/online professionals
- Goal-oriented mindset with the ability to relate individual activities back to team goals and objectives
- Nimbleness to revise goals and adapt to both shifting business priorities and new opportunities
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with decision-makers across all levels of the Credit Union
- Financial acumen to oversee both vendor and agency partner project budgets and invoicing
- Eye for continuous process and procedure improvements with solid workflow management skills
- Solid interpersonal, written communications and verbal skills with a comfortable presentation style
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze challenges and develop strategic solutions
- Entrepreneurial self-starter spirit with strong work ethic and highly collaborative attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize team projects and meet deadlines
- Experience working in managing content, publishing and moderating a site in Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience in on-demand infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services and Adobe Managed Services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and macOS operating system
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, computer science, design or another applicable field