Team Lead, Lifecycle Marketing and Lead Generation
According to a recent report by Experian, credit unions continue to increase their overall numbers and market share in virtually every area of financial services, ranging from automobile loans (25% increase from 2015–2017), through personal loans, bankcard openings and mortgage loans. Credit union members prefer the benefits of ownership, including a voice in the direction and operations of their financial services institution of choice. They also enjoy the prospect of higher member returns and lower fees, more personalized service, and the sense of fulfillment that derives from the knowledge that their membership in a not-for-profit credit union contributes to worthy charitable causes.
The financial services industry however has never been more competitive, especially given the unprecedented growth of online services. Persistent leadership will require continued innovation in technology and services, and an inspired and resourceful employee team that remains attuned to member needs and experience.
Innovation will include continued digital transformation and personalized banking services to reach members through all the touchpoints that are a part of their daily lives.
Our Client’s Guiding Principles
Our client prides itself on the personalized, high-quality service provided to its members, internal customers and co-workers. Their guiding principles emphasize that their members come first, doing the right thing is all-important and that all employees need to strive to make a difference.
Overview of Responsibilities
In this role, you will be focused on driving business across products and services by bringing strategic thinking, laser-focused prioritization and execution of tactics. You will collaborate with business stakeholders across the Credit Union to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives, and partner with agency partners and internal stakeholders to drive business outcomes.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead lifecycle marketing and define the digital marketing channel strategy. With a data-driven approach, you will develop strategies that attract and retain members across all lifecycle stages. You will work closely with partners in Marketing, Product, Marketing Operations, and business owners to develop the lifecycle strategy for the company. You will make recommendations on when/where to reach prospects, striving for consistent customer experience across channels. Your work will support the team’s pursuit of delivering marketing personalization at scale across the customer journey, driving long-term value for members. This is a senior role within the Marketing team with great growth potential.
- Lead the end-to-end management of lifecycle marketing programs, including campaign ideation, creation, deployment, testing, optimization, analysis, and reporting – across all channels
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Credit Union and agency partners to understand business needs and identify opportunities for creating new or enhancing existing digital marketing initiatives to drive business outcomes
- Oversee content and demand generation strategists, as well as agency partners on a day-to-day basis. Nurture and mentor these direct reports to maximize potential.
- Be a key contributor in the development of content strategy across marketing campaigns and journeys, ensuring that the audience, content and architecture align with business priorities and strategy
- Think big picture about personalization; partner with business units and key stakeholders to define use cases and with Marketing Ops to enable personalization across digital channels.
- Using analytics and member insights, develop strategies to reach, retain, and engage members. Efficiency across paid advertising channels will be a key goal.
- Develop business-focused SEO strategies and assist in implementing changes based on agency recommendations
- Collaborate with product owners and technical and architecture team members to ensure business requirements and associated solutions align with overarching strategic goals, business objectives, and KPIs
- Communicate learnings, results, wins and ROI across the company, including senior leadership team; develop feedback loop with leadership and key stakeholders
Experience, Skills, Education
- 5–7 years of related enterprise experience, such as customer acquisition, retention, customer loyalty, lifecycle marketing; financial services experience preferred
- Demonstrated success partnering with product, marketing operations, and channel stakeholders to deliver results
- Collaboration: Builds constructive working relationships with internal clients, peers and stakeholders from across the Credit Union
- Influence: Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and techniques to gain acceptance for ideas and solutions. Uses influencing strategies to gain genuine agreements; seeks to persuade rather than force solutions or impose decisions
- Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to; achieves goals by being proactive; taking prompt action to accomplish objectives
- Strategic Focus: Understands how organization must change in light of external trends and influences; keeps the big picture in mind; builds shared long-range organizational vision with others; committed to course of action to achieve long-range goals and influences others to translate vision into action
- Highly data-driven with the ability to design and optimize marketing programs to deliver upon overall enterprise goals and metrics
- Strong business acumen and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate, troubleshoot, and find effective solutions
- A strategic mindset, and passion for innovation, agile responsiveness, conversion rate optimization, website testing, and driving results
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, with a willingness and desire to “roll up your sleeves”
- Experience designing and running multichannel marketing campaigns end-to-end, including planning, execution, reporting and optimization
- Holistic view of all marketing programs and how they interact and reinforce each other
- High level understanding of marketing automation, personalization and CMS solutions (Adobe Marketing Cloud preferred)
- Understanding of the interconnectivity between technology and customer experience
- Proven track record at grounding recommendations in data and business- driven decision making
- Effectively communicates complex information with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels
- Proven leadership, business relationship management, and product management skills
- Strong communication skills, able to effectively communicate performance, learnings, and ideas across the Credit Union
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field; masters preferred