Manager Marketing Technology and Operations
According to a recent report by Experian, credit unions continue to increase their overall numbers and market share in virtually every area of financial services, ranging from automobile loans (25% increase from 2015-2017), through personal loans, bankcard openings and mortgage loans. Credit union members prefer the benefits of ownership, including a voice in the direction and operations of their financial services institution of choice. They also enjoy the prospect of higher member returns and lower fees, more personalized service, and the sense of fulfillment that derives from the knowledge that their membership in a not-for-profit credit union contributes to worthy charitable causes.
The financial services industry however has never been more competitive, especially given the unprecedented growth of online services. Persistent leadership will require continued innovation in technology and services, and an inspired and resourceful employee team that remains attuned to member needs and experience.
Innovation will include continued digital transformation and personalized banking services to reach members through all the touchpoints that are a part of their daily lives.
Our Client’s Guiding Principles
Our client prides itself on the personalized, high-quality service provided to its members, internal customers and co-workers. Their guiding principles emphasize that their members come first, doing the right thing is all-important and that all employees need to strive to make a difference.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Marketing Technology & Operations Manager serves as a key member of the Acquisition and Activation team and the Credit Union at large to strategically manage the marketing technology stack. This position will collaborate across business units, Marketing and IS to select, integrate and leverage investment in technology to provide marketers with the data, personalization and optimization capabilities they need to create seamless, connected audience experiences.
This role is for an innovative and creative technologist who understands the latest marketing technologies, data standards and automation approaches. You will play a critical role in building a culture of data-driven decision making for the team. The successful candidate will have strong expertise understanding the B2C marketing funnel and digital marketing channels.
- Oversee the Adobe marketing technology stack and provide a roadmap that ensures the company’s investment in technology is adequately supporting business goals and objectives.
- Build measurement plans based on the strategic objectives and digital channel strategies; perform analysis of all digital tactics and provide regular campaign analyses and insights using a defined set of KPIs
- Oversee marketing automation team and day-to-day interactions with external agency
- Partner with the digital marketing teams and the larger marketing team to understand strategic objectives, media mix across all channels.
- Utilizing proven experience with digital analytics, work with the team to optimize channel conversions
Experience, Skills, Education
- Proven expertise in marketing strategy, analytics, data infrastructure, and emerging trends in marketing technology. In this role you will use your technical skills, business acumen and communication skills to generate ideas that drive growth, while maintaining a high bar for thoughtful, impactful analyses.
- Demonstrated success partnering with product, digital, and channel stakeholders to deliver results
- 5-7 years of related B2B or B2C enterprise experience, overseeing a marketing operations practice.
- Experience with Adobe Target, Adobe Audience Manager (AAM), Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe Campaign Standard and Adobe Experience Platform
- Skills in all digital channels with a deep appreciation and understanding of marketing technology, customer experience and digital analytics
- Customer-centric mindset with the ability to achieve business objectives and goals through technology advances
- Outcomes-driven approach with the ability to ensure consistent execution of an ambitious roadmap
- Strong strategic, critical thinking and conceptual abilities; ability to lead strategic planning discussions
- Ability to influence others and interact with all levels of the organization; negotiating, influencing, and change management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including outstanding listening skills, the ability to explain complex ideas and technologies, and a strong aptitude for writing and presenting formal presentations
- Ability to work collaboratively with various departments and functions
- Experience in program management and vendor management with an ability to coordinate activities, collectively set strategies and monitor progress
- Highly data-driven mentality with the ability to design and optimize marketing programs to deliver upon overall enterprise goals and metrics
- Strong business acumen and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate, troubleshoot and find effective solutions
- A strategic mindset and passion for innovation, agile responsiveness, website testing and conversion rate optimization
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, but a willingness and desire to “roll up your sleeves”
- Experience designing and running multichannel marketing campaigns end-to-end, including planning, execution, reporting and optimization
- Holistic view of all marketing programs and how they interact and reinforce each other
- High level understanding of marketing automation, personalization and CMS solutions (Adobe Marketing Cloud preferred)
- Understanding of the interconnectivity between technology and customer experience
- Proven track record of grounding recommendations in data and business- driven decision making
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information, performance requirements, learnings and ideas with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels across, up and down the Credit Union
- Proven leadership, business relationship management and product management skills